Thursday, October 19, 2006

Shut Up! Damn! Already!

Walking past the newspaper stand this morning I saw the headline on the Times - Prince in bid to save Briton on Death Row.

For a moment I thought [as perhaps you just have] that the royal personage in question was His Purpleness, The Minneapolis Midget, Prince Rogers Nelson.

No such luck. The poor sod on Death Row [always capitalised, like a residential address] will probably go to his grave having just been asked what he does and how far he has come today by everyone's favourite socially awkward posh bloke, with a different name for use in each country he owns.

If I was on Death Row - and hey, these things happen overseas - I would want Brian Blessed speaking up for me, in character, as Vultan, Prince of the Hawkmen from 1980's camp movie classic Flash Gordon.

Or Stephen Berkoff, as Brian Blessed, as Prince Vultan.

Andrew Mishmash

No comments: